Image via @whitneyleighmorris of my favorite place in LA to stroll around- the Venice Canals.
This week has been nothing short of a rollercoaster. While so much of the future is still unknown, the only thing we know to do is to simultaneously support and fight.
As Obama is working to permanently secure Planned Parenthood's future, there are still so many other organizations supporting the people we're so terrified of being seriously affected by what may come.
Here are some of our favorites that can use your voice, donations, and time:
- The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest grassroots organization for female activists supporting many different factors we're currently facing.
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) provides pro bono representation to children facing deportation.
- The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention with LGBTQ youth.
- EarthJustice is a nonprofit environmental law organization.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center is also a nonprofit legal organization. They combat hate, intolerance, and discrimination through education and litigation.
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is a grassroots advocacy group dedicated to promote the understanding, protecting civil liberties, empower and build coalitions for American Muslims.
What are some of your favorite causes to support? We'd love to build to this list with as many suggestions as possible.
Love and light.