Image of Louisiana via @Romi227
It's 7pm and I'm 90% ready to call it a night. I could blame the end of Daylight Saving Time, or we could just all be realistic here and recognize the power of Sundays. All hail, you almighty restorative day, you.
With all my hope that the world doesn't end this week (go vote, guys), here's a few tidbits that caught our attention this week:
- I've been psychotically craving kale chips ever since fall has started to settle in and have recently been working different seasonings into them. I'll share with you some of my favorite concoctions so far but, until then, here's one of my favorite recipes from Oh She Glows.
- Need some physical inspiration for some green details for your home? I'm flea market obsessed and this had given me a deeper meaning for creating a bigger travel bucket list: 14 of the Best Flea Markets in the U.S.
- I signed up for an emailed gratitude prompt (Humanize) after reading this article and, I will say, it's definitely given me a meaningful pause when I'm starting that sometimes-daunting task of checking though emails.
- Being a classic deep-southerner (I even went to Ole Miss and longingly await fall and football season every year), Louisiana holds a big piece of my heart and I fantasize about the day that I can "retire" back to a small town (at least for segments of the year...). Preferably with a screened-in porch near the bayou. And a bug zapper.
This article sent butterflies to my belly and made me salivate over having the kind of garden again where summer produce just can't be beaten due to our higher levels of humidity and temps. But, hey, there aren't any mosquitoes in Cali, so... Maybe next year.
- A better way to consider dependency. The opposite of addiction is connection.
Now. Let's all go kill the patriarchy this week? Meet you there.